Do you want to shorten the time it takes to go from development to production?
Do you want to push to production in a reliably manner?
Do you want to fully automate provisioning and deployment?
Extend the benefits of agile development practices into operations with this DevOps Workshop, designed to accelerate and ensure the success of your improvement efforts. We provide valuable lessons learned and best practices from high performing organizations across the industry.
The general objectives for this workshop are the following:
- That participants understand what the DevOps movement is and what the fundamental guiding principles are.
- To understand some of the possible DevOps structures inside the organization and their advantages and disadvantages to be able to evaluate and choose one.
- To make visible what the ALM for a typical software project is and where does DevOps fits in the picture. In particular we will see agile and lean approaches to software development.
- To familiarize them with concepts like infrastructure as code, infrastructure as a service, continuous improvement, integration and delivery, etc.
- To make the participants acquainted with tools to help them do and automate the job like Jenkins, Vagrant, Ansible, Chef, etc.
- For the participants to acquire the tools to boost and grow a culture of collaboration inside the company between Devs and Ops.
- For participants to be able to evaluate their current context and identify opportunities to improve the existing infrastructure and to have the tools to create a plan to make this improvements happen.
Some familiarity with the concepts, systems and tools used by developers & system administrators.
System Administrators, Developers, Project Managers and Technical Leads.
In this two days workshop we will work in training the participants in the theory and practical application of the way of work promoted by the DevOps movement applied to the software development process, giving particular attention to agile methodologies. Everything from a very practical point of view that will allow the participants to make use of these concepts and tools in their day to day.
This workshop includes, among others, the following contents:
- What is DevOps?
- Key elements for the success of this initiative
- DevOps as part of the ALM.
- Responsibilities and tasks.
- How does day to day look like?
- DevOps inside an agile team.
- Continuous Integration, Deployment and Delivery
- Continuous integration servers
- Automated testing (multiple devices, multiple environments, etc)
- Source code version control
- Project documentation and knowledge sharing
- Infrastructure as a service. Cloud deployments.
- Environments automation and configuration. Infrastructure as code.
- Examples, exercises and games
Upon completion of this workshop you will understand the principles & practices behind the DevOps movement & how to apply it in your initiatives.
We look forward to help you adopt and develop the DevOps culture & practices inside your organization.
If you have any questions, get in touch with us and we will be happy to answer them.