Effective Communication Workshop
The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place
– George Bernard Show
No collaboration can be successful without effective communication.
Effective interpersonal communication is the most critical skill that we continually need to develop and maintain. Is the glue that holds all the pieces together and allows us to work together. The essential ingredient without which the best of our business strategies won’t work.
Yet, this often tends to be the area where most people consider that they already do well enough so that they don’t need to put any extra effort in it.
As a result, our best efforts are inexorably undermined by tiny (or not so tiny) misunderstandings that leads to:
- low performance due to incorrect or insufficient information and a lack of clarity
- slow progress due to a lack of alignment and difficulty to reach agreements
- lack of commitment due to not feeling understood and taken into account in discussions
- unproductive interactions and conflicts often due to hurt feelings and resentment
- lost opportunities and broken relationships with clients, partners and colleagues
In order to solve and prevent these situations from happening, people need to be proficient in specific skills, such as being able to interact with empathy, respect and assertiveness, resolve conflicts that might appear and also communicate their ideas clearly in order to generate alignment, reach agreements and collaborate more efficiently.
This Effective Communication workshop is directed to those whose role heavily relies on their capacity to communicate clearly to clients, key stakeholders and colleagues, and be able at the same time to understand their needs and to influence them towards specific actions and mutually beneficial solutions.
They can be in positions as diverses as team leaders, project managers, HR professionals, sales representatives or customer service advisors.
There are no specific requirements to attend this training.
At the end of this training, the attendees will be able to:
- Understand the hidden needs and thought processes of their interlocutors
- Manage their level of stress in challenging interactions
- Handle situations of conflict and find mutually beneficial solutions
- Communicate their message clearly and effectively
- Reach agreements and influence their interlocutors towards action
The training will cover a variety of topics amongst which:
- Emotional intelligence
- Handling stress
- Assertive communication
- Conflict resolution
- Influencing skills
We look forward to help you adopt and develop communication practices inside your organization.
If you have any questions, get in touch with us and we will be happy to answer them.