This workshop is a highly interactive, two day course aimed at providing an in-depth training in Kanban practices and the principles behind the Kanban method, including a fully immersive Kanban simulation.
The Kanban method is an evolutionary approach to change which starts where you are now, respecting current roles, responsibilities and job titles, and encouraging leadership and proactivity at all levels. It facilitates the adoption of a kaizen mindset (focus on continuous improvement) where the risk associated with complex changes can be reduced.
Participants will gain knowledge about the Kanban Method and related topics in order to be able to:
- Lead or guide a team in their adoption of Kanban – from initial visualisation and the design of kanban systems through to evolutionary change
- Answer questions and support the team with day-to-day operations
- Help teams to identify and resolve impediments to flow
- Take measurements and create meaningful metrics that help the team
- Evolve process and practice according to team needs in a meaningful way
This course is useful for anyone who wants to start using kanban, is already using it or wants to consolidate his or her knowledge in a practical setting.
Some of the roles that would benefit from this training include: Product, Project and Programme Managers, Development Team Members (including but not limited to Architects, Designers, Developers & Testers), Business Analysts and Scrum Product Owners and Scrum Masters who want to enhance their Lean / Agile skillset.
Participating in this course as a full team offers a real opportunity to experience and learn Kanban together and creates an excellent starting point for them to move forward.
There are no specific requirements to attend this training although some knowledge of agile methodologies would be helpful. Reading of the pre-training materials is expected.
At the end of this training, the attendees will learn how to
- Analyse demand vs capability
- Model the knowledge discovery process
- Design kanban systems and their visualisations
- Identify/prioritise improvements
- Choose cadences for activities
- Identify classes of service
- Create a rollout plan, negotiating strategy with stakeholders
The training will cover a variety of topics amongst which:
- Kanban Introduction
- Identify Work Items
- Value Streams
- Kanban Boards
- Limit Work in Progress (WIP)
- Make Management Policies Explicit
- Measuring and Managing Flow
- Sources of Variability
- Empirical Feedback
- Team based realistic simulation of a Kanban system in practice
- Kanban in your organisation
If you have any questions, get in touch with us and we will be happy to answer them.