Organizational change management
Organizational Change Management (OCM) is a framework for managing the effect of new business processes, changes in organizational structure or cultural changes within an enterprise. Simplifying, OCM addresses the people side of change management.
A systematic approach to OCM is beneficial when change requires people throughout an organization to learn new behaviors and skills. By formally setting expectations, employing tools to improve communication and proactively seeking ways to reduce misinformation, stakeholders are more likely to buy into a change initially and remain committed to the change throughout any discomfort associated with it.
Successful OCM strategies include:
- Agreement on a common vision for change — no competing initiatives.
- Strong executive leadership to communicate the vision and sell the business case for change.
- A strategy for involving employees in the change initiative and educating them about how their day-to-day work will transform.
- A concrete plan for how to measure whether or not the change is a success — and follow-up plans for both successful and unsuccessful results.
- Encouraging individuals and groups to take ownership for their new roles and responsibilities.
With this service our expert coaches and trainers will guide your through the organizational change process to ensure that you increase your chances of success by helping you, your teams and the whole organization to develop the skills and processes needed to succeed in your change effort.
This service can include among other things the creation of a change vision, a change initiative roadmap, assessing the sense of urgency inside the organization and helping raise it, enabling alignment, a clarification of purpose and context, the creation of a coalition for change as well as training and facilitation of key elements in the process.
Of course change efforts have different objectives depending on the organization. In any case our coaches and consultants will be working side by side with you in order to make sure that attention to key elements is not neglected and that goals and objectives are aligned with your strategy.
The period for which this service takes place is variable depending on your needs, ranging from one time interventions to regular sessions throughout the change process.
We look forward to help you overcome your next organizational challenge.
If you have any questions, get in touch with us and we will be happy to answer them.