Technical coaching and consulting
Is your software taking too long to be delivered? Is making changes and adding new functionalities becoming impossible? Are your developers experiencing burnout?
Then you might need technical coaching.
Technical coaching means integrating tried-and-true practices combined with years of experience that allow you to generate clean, solid code that is easy to understand, to maintain and to evolve to meet the needs of your company.
Our technical coaches and trainers will work with your teams and business stakeholders to deliver quality software in a matter of weeks by making sure you have the knowledge and tools to receive deployable applications and fully tested features in as little time as possible.
To manage this we will be using elements like cloud-hosted continuous delivery, SOLID design principles, hexagonal architectures, TDD, refactoring, pair programming and more.
During the coaching engagement, our technical coaches will work with your software craftsmen to break bad habits and create good ones.
Our approach to coaching combines specific learning objectives with hands-on coaching experience and guidance.
As an example, here is a list of common key objectives that a successful technical coaching project could include:
- Identifying and correcting negative coding and design patterns
- Using “refactoring” to incrementally refine design and reduce technical debt
- Establishing continuous integration (CI) practices
- Learning unit testing principles and practices, including how to write good tests
- Effectively using test automation
- Learning effective collaboration techniques that teams use internally and with the customer
- Effective pair programming
Our coaches then use your learning objectives to develop an engagement plan for you.
We use trainings of our own design as well as hands-on exercises with real code to introduce these topics and demonstrate their value. This approach to technical coaching has several advantages:
- Clear learning objectives increase the tangible value of the coaching engagement.
- When new information arises and the context changes, you can make adjustments to optimize the results you get from the coaching engagement.
- Coaching engagements can be designed to cover the learning objectives needed to earn training credits toward the Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Developer (CSD) credential.
As part of our coaching engagement and to ensure you can get the most out of this experience we follow a transparent and collaborative approach that covers the following steps:
- Assess team needs: Our technical coaches determine the scope and depth of your team needs: skills, practices, resources, etc.
- Engage in a working agreement: With the information gathered during the assessment step, we determine your project timeline and clearly set training and coaching expectations, making sure the goals are aligned to your overall strategy.
- Coach and train teams: Besides coaching and training teams. Coaches and client work side by side to inspect progress and revise the working agreement as needed to pursue new opportunities or to adapt to context changes.
- Review teams progress: Our coaches review the outcome with you and discuss next steps.
We look forward to help you overcome your next technical challenge.
If you have any questions, get in touch with us and we will be happy to answer them.